Romance means different things to different couples. So, when someone asks me for a romantic trip, my follow-up question is, “what does that mean for you?” When I plan a romantic getaway I want to spend time with my husband, exploring a new city, and then getting dressed up for a fabulous dinner. I love seeing new sights and learning information about the place I am visiting. For me, the best way to do this is by wandering and just being a part of the daily flow.
If you need some inspiration for US cities to visit and explore, check out the sample itineraries for various places and contact me at [email protected] for more information.
• Shopping in Harbor East, where you can find small boutique shops. Fells Point offers small art galleries and restaurants on cobblestone streets.
• Bin 604 for wine tasting.
• View of the sunset on a privately rented boat on the Inner Harbor.
• Dinner for two at an Italian restaurant in Little Italy.
• Enjoy the view of Baltimore from the “Top of the World” trade center building.
• Schedule a personal sake lesson at PABU.
• Shopping at the iconic Prudential Center, housing over 75 shops and restaurants.
• Take a ride on the world-famous Duck Boats for a city-wide exploration.
• Spend the evening listening to the Boston Symphony Orchestra or Boston Pops.
• Go behind the scenes with a Fenway Park tour, the oldest Major League ballpark in the US.
• Explore the cobblestone streets of Beacon Hill. And take a picture or selfie on Acorn Street, the most photographed street in the US.
• Board a Whale Watch for your chance to view some of the world’s most majestic creatures.
• Savor the original Boston cream pie at the Omni Parker House Hotel.
• Perfect year-round weather allows for golfers to choose from a variety of top courses.
• Explore the downtown area by visiting Balboa Park and the historic Gaslamp District.
• Take a walk or run to enjoy the hills and sun of the city.
• Have your picture taken among the gardens and Spanish Colonial architecture.
• Make your favorite playlist and drive along the coast through charming coastal villages. Stopping for pictures or a picnic lunch. Stay in La Jolla for the evening to watch the sunset on one of the most photographed beaches in Southern California.
• Take a hike to see the cacti and desert landscape.
• Stroll through Old Town to browse shops filled with Southwestern jewelry.
• There is no better way to explore Sedona’s rugged terrain than by Jeep to see the majestic red rocks and boulder formations. • Make sure to book a margarita and salsa demonstration to see what ingredient pairings excite your tastebuds.
• Enjoy a stroll through historic Georgetown. Here you can find designer skincare lines, footwear, independent bookstores, and antiques.
• Gaze at Byzantine and pre-Columbian art at Dumbarton Oaks and the expansive gardens.
• Book a private tour of the US Capitol. Or head to the Library of Congress for a guided tour or gallery talk. If court sessions allow, tour the Supreme Court Building.
• Head to Book Hill or the National Cathedral, two of the city’s romantic and secluded places.
• Visit the nearby Virginia countryside for a day-long whiskey or wine tour.
• Savor dinner at The Inn at Little Washington or a wine-paired dinner at Goodstone Inn.
As you can see, romance comes in all shapes and sizes. The important thing for any romantic trip is to spend time with your loved one doing what makes you happy. Sculpted Escapes wants to help you create new memories and return to the places that brought you together in the first place. When you are ready to enjoy some time with your sweetie, contact me at [email protected]