1. FASHION FORWARD BRIDES: Instagram and social media allow the modern bride access to more inspiration and smaller designer collections than ever before. 2020 brides are becoming more experimental with their bridal looks incorporating statement pieces like bows and big sleeves and unexpected elements like hoods, capes, and patterns/color. The safe strapless sweetheart neckline and a-line silhouette are becoming a thing of the past. Brides are now experimenting with pantsuits, two-piece sets, capes, trains, puff sleeves, etc and the wedding wardrobe is actually something that reflects the bride’s personal style and designers are responding to this accordingly.
2. WEDDING DRESS TO WEDDING WARDROBE: That being said, the shopping habits of brides has totally shifted from seeking that one perfect wedding dress, to the perfect wedding weekend/wedding event wardrobe. And all-white isn’t all they’re seeking either—floral patterns, metallics, and nudes are all becoming bridal appropriate.
3. MISMATCHED BRIDESMAIDS DRESSES: The most popular bridesmaid color for 2020 is in fact not a single color at all! Brides are making things easier on their bridesmaids, letting them pick their own dresses with varying necklines and silhouettes and implementing a general color scheme rather than a specific color. We’re starting to see everything from metallics (bridesmaids mixed in golds, silvers, & rose golds) to floral prints in a certain color, to an ombre effect and other combinations that are organic yet organized.
4. HEADPIECES: 2020 Brides are all about the dramatic headpiece. Whether it’s a crystal-embellished barrette, statement headband, or flower crown, the headpiece is becoming an integral accessory that pulls an otherwise plain look together. (Below: AREA hair clip, Jennifer Behr headband)
5. PAMPAS GRASS: Traditional white & neutral color palettes for flowers have always been popular, but what has become increasingly popular in 2020 is the addition of pampas grass mixed in with those traditional styles adding a modern, boho-chic flare.